Monday, March 19, 2018

TWIC: a job in arts, paleoart, cliche, Johnny Cash, telling stories

Considering a job in the arts field? Ryan North has some words for you:
This is half the comic. Follow this link for the rest.
---
The scientific Paleoart of Dr Mark Witton. A screen shot (click to embiggen):
---
Greeting cards and cliche.
Greeting cards serve as a reminder that it is often with the clichéd and the ordinary that the fabric of language starts to unravel, and the pulse of life – that which will always remain beyond words – begins to bubble up from beneath
---
I have long been shy about my voice. When speaking something I think important, I deliberately deepen it. I very much suspect it sounds silly but it seems less silly than my normal reedy tones. Here is an article about Johnny Cash's voice just appeared.
---
Ani Alexander interviews Dr Tom Curran about telling stories.
---

No comments: