Saturday, December 17, 2016

Incheon Animals: Pica pica

I have long enjoyed watching the magpies in Korea. They are as common as dirt so locals probably don't find them exotic but the iridescence of their feathers, their long tails and slatted wings make them beautiful. Plus, they love playing with my dog.

They are somewhat wary though. I wasn't sure if I should share my photos but I'm hard up for animals so here are some blurry pics (and these are the best of literally around a hundred!):










They will scatter when my dog runs toward them, but some will immediately land behind her and get closer and closer until she chases them. Then they land behind her again. She gets bored of it faster than they do.

In January, I will have access to a good camera with an adequate zoom so perhaps I offer larger, clearer images then.

No comments: