Monday, March 25, 2013

TWIC (11)

Why waste a skyscraper by placing it in a city?  The evolo 2013 skyscraper competition has yielded some great great entries. The polar umbrella looks cool and may actually work ...someday.
---

Jeez, don't even think of mousetraps!
 the Grand Challenges in Global Health Initiative, with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, put out a call for a better designed, more pleasure-inducing condom. The challenge is to make an experience-enhancing condom that will make men and women go weak in their desire to have protected sex! For the good of humankind!
The Gates foundation wants you to build a better condom.
---
At least these people are writing.
Salon looks at 9 fan-fic stories based on Game of Thrones.  Their picks can be found at the link.  All 608 (currently) can be found here.

------

And with this post, I formally give up posting news about other people's work and research.  Expect a lot fewer posts here.  I will still post when I feel I do something particularly creative- current projects include April Fool's Day, an Easter Egg Hunt for my son and a hopefully scathing review of a creationist book a friend has driven me to read.  Remember, I am a creative-ist, not a creationist!  Anyway, my own personal creative production has not markedly increased while working on this blog so I need to find other ways to grow.  I still want to be creative; perhaps now I will be creative rather than merely think about it.

No comments: