Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Missed my chance

I had a little accident in the bathroom at work and when I returned to the office, I tried to tell the story to maximum comedy effect.

After nearly a minute of opening my mouth, stopping and looking away, looking around, speaking the first word of a sentence... I just told my coworker.  Turns out, the story didn't need much build-up anyway.

"My glasses fell off in the bathroom.  The good news is, I was brushing my teeth at the sink so I only had to rinse and dry them before putting them back on."

My coworker just said, " At first, I was surprised that you were still wearing the glasses."

That would have been a good start to the story. " First, note that I am still wearing my glasses.  They fell off in the bathroom and got all wet and splattered..."

No comments: